Community foundation announces 2022 grants
RHINELANDER – The Rhinelander Area Community Foundation (RCF) has announced its 2022 Grant Award Recipients. A total of $40,000 was awarded to 18 local organizations.
The winning organizations met several criteria: Must be a 501c3 non-profit, governmental unit, church, school, or hospital. The application submitted needed to express how that organization would meet community need, serve a broad-based population, show collaboration and impact in the community, and show financial responsibility and attainable planning. Each project must also align with the mission of the RCF to enhance the quality of living in the Rhinelander community now and into the future.
RCF Grant Award Recipients:
- $1,000 Rhinelander Historical Society-collaborating with Leadership Oneida County for a courthouse walking tour
- $3,000 Tri-County Council for Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault for Lily’s House Back Yard Refurbishing
- $3,000 Art Start for Project North
- $3,500 WXPR for White Pines Equipment Room Improvements
- $1,000 YMCA of the Northwoods for Hodag Food Wagon
- $5,000 Lights of the Northwoods for the Holiday Lighting Display
- $2,500 Northern Alliance for Temporary Housing for technology needs
- $1,500 Hodag Ice Fishing Team for team and competitive supplies
- $1,000 Habitat for Humanity in collaboration with RHS building and trades class for home building in Rhinelander area
- $2,500 Oneida County 4-H Leader’s Association for Rhinelander Youth Summer Theater Program
- $2,500 Hodag BMX for loaner bicycles program
- $1,000 Rhinelander Math Department for number sense and fluency math racks
- $1,000 Personal Essentials Pantry for paper products
- $2,500 Rhinelander Area Food pantry for community garden fencing upgrades
- $2,500 Boys and Girls Club of the Northwoods for technology needs in the Rhinelander club
- $500 Rhinelander Elementary Schools for books for reading kits for Run into Reading program
- Grants to Northwoods Children’s Museum and Friends of Townline Park have been approved but held in reserve with contingencies stated.
The grants will be awarded during the Rhinelander Chamber of Commerce Business After Five event April 20, 5-7 p.m. at the Rhinelander Country Club.
The mission of the Rhinelander Community Foundation is to facilitate charitable giving and, together with donors, enhance the quality of living in the Rhinelander community now and for the future. For more information, visit www.rhinelandercommunityfoundation.com .