The door is restored
Rhinelander District Library started as a small public library collection in 1898. However, it was a donation of $12,500 from philanthropist Andrew Carnegie that allowed the original library building to be constructed in 1904.
The door, which is part of the original Carnegie portion of the library, was closed in 1984 as part of the library expansion. The ‘Restore the Door’ campaign solicited donations from the public, and additional funds were provided by anonymous donors and the Rhinelander Masonic Lodge.