Journeys Marathon still looking for volunteers
Journeys Marathon is celebrating its 17th annual race and is looking for volunteers to help set up before and after the race. There are currently six to eight vacancies for volunteers to help stuff runners goodie bags from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the Eagle River Chamber office on Wednesday, May 1. Volunteers are also needed Friday, May 10, for help with set-up in Riverview Park from 8 a.m. to noon.
Volunteers will also be needed the day of the race (Saturday, May 11) to:
• Help with park set-up from 7 to 11 a.m.
• Help at the finish line from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Riverview Park
• Help at the finish line and award runners with medals from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Riverview Park.
• Help sell hot dogs and brats from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 1:30 to 4 p.m.
• Help clean up after the event from 2 to 5 p.m. in Riverview Park.
For more information or to volunteer for the event, call Kim Emerson at the Eagle River Area Chamber of Commerce at (715) 479-6400 or (800) 359-6315.