Rhinelander schools celebrate ‘Read Across America Week’
This week is Read Across America Week, and several School District of Rhinealnder schools have special events and activities planned.
Pelican School will be celebrating the love of reading during the week
of March 5-9th with dress-up days.
– March 5th – The Lorax…Go Green…Wear anything you can find that is green.
– March 6th – Fox in Sock…wear your craziest socks!
– March 7th – World Read Aloud Day…wear a shirt with words!
– March 8th – My Many Color Days…wear your grades colors…4K – Red, K – Orange, 1st – Yellow, 2nd – Blue, 3rd – Purple, Staff – Pink
– March 9th – If I Ran the Zoo…bring your favorite stuffed animal to school for the day.
At Central Intermediate School, the following activities are taking place:
– March 5th – Opening Ceremony. Meet down in the gym at 8:15 for Dr. Seuss reading, Fab Five, and March Reading Madness Introduction.
– March 6th – Make a Bookmark
– March 7th, 12th, 23rd – D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything and Read)
– March 8th – Dress like Your Favorite Character (ANY fictional, school appropriate character)
– March 9th – Principal Read: Tim Howell will go around (in the afternoon) and read a short Dr. Seuss book to each class.
– March 14th, 21st- Top Reader’s Competition: Top Classes from each grade will compete in a basketball event.
– March 13th, 20th- Wear Team Colors: Students can wear the colors of the Basketball team that their class has chosen.