Wisconsin Public Service offers home heating tips to get ready for winter
The heating season is long and heating equipment will be working hard to ensure the contentment of living in a warm, efficient and safe home this winter.
An inspection and tune up of a heating system by a qualified technician is recommended and can save customer’s money by ensuring the furnace is operating safely and efficiently.
Other heating tips include:
• Clean or replace your furnace filter as needed (follow manufacturer’s guidelines).
• Check the flame in the burner to make sure it’s blue. A yellow flame may indicate the need for adjustment.
• Check your chimney flues for corrosion and make sure all vents are clear of any blockages or debris.
• Keep the area around your furnaces, boilers and water heaters clear. Do not store flammable liquids or other combustibles nearby.
• Visit the WPS website www.wisconsinpublicservice.com for additional “Safety” and “Saving Energy” information
If customers are considering the purchas
e of new heating equipment or appliances, Wisconsin Public Service reminds customers to check with the dealer to see if there are energy efficiency rebates available.