Veterans? Benefits Expo scheduled for Sept. 14
The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) and the Oneida County Veterans Service Office are hosting a Veterans’ Benefits Expo Saturday, Sept. 14 from 10 a.m.to 4 p.m. at the National Guard Armory in Rhinelander.
The armory is located at 1136 Military Road.
There is no charge for this expo but concessions will be sold on site.
Proceeds from concessions will go to the Military Support Group.
At this expo, veterans can:
• Learn about eligibility criteria for state veterans’ benefits, programs and services,
• Apply for federal and state VA benefits,
• Receive information about grants, education benefits and employment opportunities,
• Get assistance in obtaining military medals and records,
• Obtain information about assisted living and nursing home care at a Veterans’ Home,
• Pre-register for burial in state veterans’ cemeteries,
• Learn about VA healthcare,
• Get information on VA non-service connected pension for veterans and death pension for widows/widowers of veterans.
Not only will my office be there but the Vilas and Lincoln County Veterans Service Officers will be there. We will also have the Green Bay Mobile Vet Center, our Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC), various Veterans Service Organizations and more.
We invite all veterans, dependents and survivors to join us.
For more information, call the Oneida County Veterans Service Office at 715-369-6127.