Ascension Hospitals restrict hospital visitation
Ascension hospitals in Rhinelander, Tomahawk, Woodruff and Eagle River are closed to in-person visitation beginning Sept. 29 until further notice.
The restriction was put in place to “help minimize the impact of COVID-19” in the Northwoods. Family members and friends of patients are encouraged to stay connected through phone calls, video chatting or texting.
Some exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Predefined exemptions include:
• Pediatric patients (both parents/guardians, max. 2)
• Women giving birth (limited to one birthing partner)
• Patients undergoing surgery (limited to one visitor in the pre-op period until time of surgery)
• End-of-life care, as determined by the hospital care team
Other policy changes and policies include:
• Everyone entering Ascension Wisconsin facilities will be screened for flu/COVID-19 symptoms
• No visitors who screen positive will be permitted
• Masks must be worn at all times
• Visitors under the age of 18 will not be permitted
“We appreciate the community’s support in adhering to these guidelines, as we continue to care for our neighbors who are most in need during these unprecedented times,” said Laurie Oungst, Chief Administrative Officer for Ascension Wisconsin’s facilities in the Northwoods. “We feel these steps are necessary given the continued high and increasing positivity rate of COVID-19 cases in the region.”
If someone is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or has had a potential exposure, please call your primary care provider or call 1-833-981-0711. If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency or difficulty breathing, go directly to the ER or dial 911.
For additional information on COVID-19 and Ascension resources, visit the Ascension COVID-19 website or call the dedicated Ascension Wisconsin COVID-19 informational hotline at 1-833-981-0711.