Rhinelander Community Foundation awards grants
Star Journal Report
Thirteen area organizations have been awarded funding totaling $28,000 from the Rhinelander Community Foundation (RCF).
Local non-profits, governmental units, hospitals, schools and churches providing programs benefiting the public at large were welcome to apply for grant funds through the foundation. The RCF board of directors evaluated applications based on six attributes: community need, population served, visibility, financial management, community impact and alignment with RDF’s mission.
The following are the 2020 RCF competitive grants awarded:
• $5,000 Downtown Rhinelander Inc: Purchase of water efficient hanging flower baskets for the downtown Streetscape and overall beautification
• $4,000 Art Start, Inc: Creation of an outdoor classroom and community space with visual interest and interactive elements
• $2,500 Rhinelander Area Food Pantry: Implementation of a Special Dietary Needs Program for 40% households served
• $1,500 NAMI Northern Lakes: Support for drop in mental health care at Northern Lakes Center reducing isolation, crises and supporting community engagement
• $1,000 Personal Essentials Pantry: Purchase of personal and home care supplies encouraging a clean environment and good personal hygiene
• $2,500 Northwoods Alliance for Temporary Housing: Expansion of utility upgrades and support for safe use of appliances
• $850 YMCA of the Northwoods: Expansion of opportunities for an Autism and Sensory Processing swimming event
• $ 1,503.15 Camp Fire Oneida Council: Provide for emergency response equipment and enhanced property communication
• $1,000 Oneida County Sheriff’s Drug Abuse Resistance Education Program: Support for Keepin’It Real Program addressing alcohol, tobacco, e-cigs, drug use, bullying and internet safety in today’s youth
• $1,500 Girls Scouts of Northwestern Great Lakes: Purchase of Trailblazers Special Interest Troop equipment for wilderness skill and confidence development
• $3,000 Rhinelander District Library: Providing updates to microfilm reader which integrates with current technologies for historical and family research
• $2,500 Lights of the Northwoods: Support of current and expansion needs for the community holiday lighting display and event
• $2,000 WXPR: Support and enhance the concert series at Nicolet with access to live music affordably
The RCF’s stated mission is to facilitate charitable giving and together with donors, enhance the quality of living in the Rhinelander community now and for future generations.