Special COVID-19 info line launched by Ascension
Ascension has launched a toll free information line to answer COVID-19 questions. The line can be accessed 24/7 by calling 833-981-0711.
The service is intended to provide information and answer general questions from anyone in the community about COVID-19. It is also an effort to reduce the number of incoming calls to Ascension hospitals and clinics. The line is only to be used for questions about COVID-19 and its symptoms.
Ascension is expanding previously announced temporary visitor restrictions
Ascension is further expanding temporary visitor restrictions, in both inpatient and outpatient settings, with the goal of protecting associates and patients by limiting possible exposure to COVID-19 and directing people to the right level of care.
The following visitor restrictions are similar to the infection control precautions put in place in hospitals and care sites every year during flu season. The updated restricted visitation policy at Ascension Wisconsin includes the following:
- All visitors, associates, clinicians and vendors entering Ascension Wisconsin facilities will be screened for flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, runny nose/nasal congestion and or sore throat.
- Ascension Wisconsin facilities will be implementing minimized entrance points as needed.
- Visitors will not be permitted for patients under investigation or with a confirmed case of COVID-19. Virtual options will be discussed with patients and families.
- Ascension hospitals in central and northern Wisconsin will have unified visiting hours of 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- It is highly recommended that children under age 18 do not visit during this time.
- Visitors will be limited to one visitor per patient at any given time.
- Per guidance from the CDC, we are restricting visitors who have returned from a country within the past 14 days that the CDC has designated as Level 3 Warning or Level 2 for Novel Coronavirus. Those who do visit are encouraged to please wash their hands and use hand sanitizer before and after any visit.