Rhinelander spring yard waste cleanup deadline May 14
City of Rhinelander residents could be busy this weekend. All city brush and leaf bags must be placed curbside no later than 7 a.m. Monday May 14 to be guaranteed pickup.
Residents are asked to set out items at curbside earlier than the date listed as crews may collect yard waste before the designated clean-up day.
Residents missing this deadline will be required to haul the yard waste to Oneida County Landfill at their own expense.
Yard waste clean-up will be provided for city residents maintaining their yards. The service is not intended as clean-up for tree removal contractors, clearing of vacant lots for developments, businesses, or tax exempt properties.
Clean-up services will observe the following rules and conditions observed with previous year services:
• Only clear bags will be picked up. The City will NOT pick up dark colored bags or non-see through bags.
• Brush must be free of rope, wire, lumber, or other debris and neatly piled with cut end of limbs facing the street.
• Bags containing a mixture of yard waste and household rubbish or garbage will not be picked up.
• Residents are not allowed to rake leaves or yard waste laying loose in curb line or street. Violators may be billed for clean-up and/or issued a citation.
• Do not stack brush on leaf bags as each item is picked up separately.
• It is unlawful for anyone bringing items from outside the city and placing at curbside, violators may be issued a citation.