Reader cites Trump’s accomplishments
On President Trump’s first anniversary in office, I would like to outline just some of his accomplishments:
• Unemployment is at 4.1 percent, a 17-year low.
• Black and Hispanic unemployment is at all time lows.
• Women’s unemployment is the lowest it’s been since 2000.
• Consumer confidence is at a 17-year high.
• The stock market is up over 30 percent helping everyone’s retirement plans.
• ISIS-controlled land is only 2 percent of what it was when the President took office.
• Achieved a 100 percent vote in the UN Security Council to sanction North Korea.
• There has been a 40 percent decline in illegal southern border crossing.
• Convinced Japan and South Korea to increase their defense spending.
• Convinced NATO countries to pay more of their share of defense spending.
• Has worked to increase defense spending and modernize the military.
• Declared a national public health emergency on opioid abuse.
• Obtained the release of many Americans being held overseas.
• Reduced the White House staff by 110 and instituted a Federal hiring freeze.
• Passed the first Federal tax reform bill in 27 years; this is bringing jobs back from overseas and putting more money in nearly everyone’s pocket.
• Large companies are already giving bonuses to employees.
• Rescinded 16 government regulations for every new one created.
There is much more. Enough to nearly cover a newspaper page.
All of this was done despite constant resistance from the Democrats and 95 percent negative and false coverage from the media.
Remember how the media and the Democrats told us how bad it would be if President Trump was elected?
Shouldn’t we call that false news or are they simply ignorant?
Charlie Gullan, Eagle River