UPDATE: Fire in Glenwood Ave. home started in laundry area
STAR JOURNAL REPORT
A fire Thursday afternoon at 1440 Glenwood Ave. in Rhinelander started in the basement apartment, near the laundry facilities, according to Rhinelander Deputy Fire Chief Josh Schmitz. He added that while the dryer was on at the time of the fire, it has not been determined to be the cause.
There had been reports of ammunition having caught fire, but that was not the case, Schmitz said.
No one was home, and no one was injured in the fire, but the apartment was full of smoke. Rhinelander firefighters received mutual aid from the Pelican and Pine Lake fire departments.