Area lifejacket stations offered at landings
The DNR is partnering up with area agencies to provide loaner lifejackets to boaters.
The Kids Don’t Float program provides the use of free life jackets for kids and adults to use, so the right size can be fitted to the user. Users take the life jackets back to the station at the end of the day on the water.
Local lifejacket stations can be found at:
• Boom Lake, Hodag Park Landing
• Lake Tomahawk, Town Boat Landing
• Eagle Lake, Eagle Lake Boat Landing
• Yellow Birch Lake, T-docks landing
• Lake Mildred, Lake Mildred Landing
• Pending lifejacket station at Lake George, DNR landing
For more information on lifejacket loaner stations, contact YMCA of the Northwoods Aquatics director Melissa Nieman at 715-362-9622.