Nicolet College will offer Summer Discovery programs for children
Nicolet College announces their Summer Discovery during June, July and August.
Children participating can pick from 11 different offerings held during a series of Fridays June through August.
“All of the classes are packed with hands-on activities that will have children learning a wide range of skills in a fun-filled environment,” said Teri Phalin, PK-16 coordinator and career coach at Nicolet.
Classes are $45 each and are for kids entering fourth through seventh grade. Each class will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Classes include:
Friday, June 27
– Go Wild for Wildlife: Experience every aspect of wildlife rehabilitation including rescue, examination and feeding.
– Psychology in the Real World: Learn about every aspect of wildlife rehabilitation including rescue, examination and feeding.
Friday, July 11
– Outdoor Adventure on Lake Julia: Discover the beauty of Lake Julia both on and off the water. Learn proper techniques and survival strategies for canoeing and navigating the Northwoods.
– Harness the Power of the Sun: Capture the power of the sun and use creativity and engineering skills to construct a solar powered car. Then gear up for a race to test the car between classmates.
Friday, July 18
– The World Through the Eye of a Photographer: Join the vast world of photography in this introductory course on the basics of photography and getting the perfect shot. Those attending need to provide their own point and shoot digital camera.
– The World is Your Canvas: Discover the beauty of watercolor and acrylic paint. Enjoy a full day of interactive painting instruction and learn about color, laying out a design and a variety of painting techniques.
Friday, July 25
– Make and Take the Cake: Who doesn’t love cake? Show off creativity and baking skills and experiment with different flavors of cake, cupcakes, frostings and fillings.
– Comic Book Creations: With only a pencil, ink and pastels learn to illustrate and color famous cartoons or create a character.
Friday, Aug. 1
– SewFabulous Fashion–It’s a Wrap: Create a one-of-a-kind outfit. Learn the basics of fashion sewing by selecting fabric, learning cutting and pressing techniques, and designing elements for projects.
– Your Life in Pictures–Scrapbook Archiving: Capture special moments in life with scrapbooking. Learn fun and creative ways to create a unique scrapbook.
– Fun with Fossils–Can You “Dig It”?: Explore the life of a paleontologist and unlock the mysteries of the past. Discover how fossils are unearthed and use engraving tools to clean and prepare genuine fossils that are millions of years old.
For more information, visit nicoletcollege.edu and enter “Summer Discovery” in the search box. To register for a class, call 715-365-4519, 800-544-3039, ext. 4519: TTY 711 or 800-947-3529.