Walking Up Main Street: Happy holidays and happy New Year everyone
As we get close to the end of another year we take the time to reflect. Did we accomplish everything we wanted to? Did we show appreciation to all of the people that helped us? I am extremely proud of what the Downtown Rhinelander Inc organization has accomplished in just a year and I want to share these accomplishments with you.
• Officially hired the new Executive Director
• Hired a part-time Administrative Assistant
• New Website (downtownrhinelander.com)
• Created a new Facebook page for PotatoFest and an active DRI page
• Restarted the monthly Newsletter (WHAT’S UP downtown)
• Moved into a new location (26 N Brown St.)
• Held the first “Open House for Available Properties” (received 3 new occupants downtown!)
• Held 14 events/promotions in downtown
• Introduced a new event “PotatoFest”
• Ran the I Buy Local Program with the Chamber
• Downtown Works Loan program gave out four loans to help downtown businesses
• Main Street USA: *Tech Assistance-Business Consultant visit which gave four of our businesses free assistance *Progress Visit-Telling DRI how we are doing and offered suggestions *Main Street Awards-2 winning awards, 1 honorable mention award.
As for appreciation, the list is long. We have community partners such as Tri-County Council on Domestic Abuse, the Rhinelander Chamber, Frito Lay, the Railroad Association, just to name a few. There are so many.
Every event has sponsors, businesses and individuals who support what we are trying to do, whether financially or physically, and again, so many. The volunteers, those that so generously give their time and expertise, there were more than 100 for PotatoFest alone.
There are the businesses and property owners who work long hours because they believe in Rhinelander. And finally there is you, the community, (which has a very broad reach), who not only attend our events but continue to support the heart of the community, Downtown Rhinelander. I apologize for not being able to list you all individually, but please know this thank you is for all of you.
May 2014 be a happy and successful new year.
Maggie Steffen is available at 715-362-7374 or email email@example.com.