Nicolet College to hold University Transfer Nights
Anyone looking to complete the first two years of a bachelor’s degree at Nicolet College is invited to attend one of the six University Transfer Night events that will be held throughout the Northwoods in coming weeks.
“Nicolet staff will be on hand at each event to talk with people about the program and let them know about the many advantages of starting a bachelor’s degree at Nicolet,” said Rose Prunty, dean of the University Transfer Liberal Arts program.
Along with high-quality instruction and more than 70 transfer agreements with four-year colleges and universities, “one of the greatest benefits of starting at Nicolet is the cost savings. Students can save many thousands of dollars by completing the first two years of their bachelor’s degree at Nicolet,” Prunty added.
A representative from the University of Wisconsin system will also be on hand, either in person or on video, to talk about transfer opportunities.
Communities where events will be held include Rhinelander, Elcho, Minocqua, Tomahawk, Eagle River and Laona. Details are as follows:
• Monday, Jan. 28, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Rhinelander High School large group instruction room
• Thursday, Jan. 31, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Elcho High School theatre
• Wednesday, Feb. 6, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Lakeland Union High School lecture hall
• Monday, Feb. 11, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Tomahawk High School Library media center
• Monday, Feb. 18, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Northland Pines High School large group instruction room
• Monday, Feb. 25, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Laona High School library
Nicolet has credit transfer agreements with every campus in the UW system. This includes an agreement with the system’s flagship campus at UW-Madison, where Nicolet students are guaranteed admission to UW-Madison if they complete at least 54 credits at Nicolet and maintain at least a B average.
Nicolet also has several credit transfer agreements that allow students to complete their bachelor’s degrees online without having to leave the Northwoods.
For more information about Nicolet’s University Transfer program, visit nicoletcollege.edu or call the college’s Welcome Center at (715) 365-4493, (800) 544-3039, ext. 4493; TDD (715) 365-4448.