Rhinelander Tourism Marketing Committee awards community grants
Recently, the Rhinelander Tourism Marketing Committee (RTMC) awarded $5,000 in community grants to various non-profit organizations in Rhinelander. The community grant program is funded through room tax collected by the City of Rhinelander and Town of Pelican. Each year, RTMC awards two cycles of community grants, one in the summer and one in the winter.
During the winter 2012 cycle, the committee received 12 applications in total. This cycle, the following grants were awarded:
• $500 to Leathernecks of the North for the 2013 Fourth of July parade.
• $600 to Downtown Rhinelander Inc. for their annual car show in June.
• $1,000 to Hodag Sno-Trails to help with the printing of their snowmobile maps.
• $450 to Northwoods Nordic Ski Club to help with the updating of their website.
• $250 to Oneida County Fair for the 2013 County Fair in August.
• $500 to Rhinelander Area Chamber of Commerce for the first annual Ho-Drags on Ice in February.
• $500 to Rhinelander Area Chamber of Commerce for the first annual Rhinelander Girlfriends Getaway in May.
• $300 to Rhinelander Area Silent Trails Association to advertise the RASTA Rally Mountain Bike Race.
• $600 to Samoset Council, Boy Scouts, to advertise the WORS Mountain Bike Race.
• $300 to YMCA of the Northwoods for the Hodag Run for Your Life 5k/10k in June.
RTMC community grants are awarded to non-profit organizations in the community for projects that are designed to attract more overnight visitors to Rhinelander. The funding must be used to help market, advertise and promote the Rhinelander area.
RTMC will again be accepting grant applications in May of 2013. Those with questions about the program may contact the Rhinelander Area Chamber of Commerce at (715) 365-7464.