Rhinelander Tourism Marketing Committee awards community Room Tax grants
Recently the Rhinelander Tourism Marketing Committee (RTMC) awarded $2,400 in community grants to various non-profit organizations in the Rhinelander Community. The Community Grant program is funded through Room Tax collected by the City of Rhinelander and Town of Pelican. Each year RTMC awards two cycles of community grants, one in the spring and one in the fall.
During the spring 2012 cycle the committee received 12 applications in total. This cycle the following grants were awarded:
• $200 to Downtown Rhinelander for the ATV Pull being planned for August.
• $300 to Downtown Rhinelander for the annual Car Show held in June.
• $300 to the Hodag BMX Club for a marketing campaign to draw in more riders and larger races.
• $500 to the Rhinelander Area Chamber for the first annual Hodag Block Party to be held in June.
• $300 to the Rhinelander Area Silent Trails Association to help with advertising costs for the Snowshoe Snow Hare Snowshoe Race to be held this coming winter.
• $800 to the Rhinelander Ice Association to help market and attract larger tournaments.
RTMC Community Grants are awarded to non-profit organizations in the community for projects that are designed to attract more overnight visitors to the Rhinelander community. The funding must be used to help market, advertise and promote the Rhinelander area.
RTMC will again be accepting grant applications in November of 2012. If you have questions about the program, call the Rhinelander Area Chamber of Commerce at (715) 365-7464.