How to get the most out of StarJournalNOW.com
Here are some easy-to-use instructions on how to find your favorite content on StarJournalNOW.com:
– Finding a specific story is easy.
o Below the Star Journal logo on the home page, there is a search box. Type in a name, headline or subject matter, click “SEARCH” and if the story has appeared on StarJournalNOW.com, it will pop right up.
– Obituaries are updated daily. To access them:
o Click “Obits” tab on the start page (its located just below the current temperature reading on the home page).
? Scroll through names to find desired obituary
? Click on name to open obituary
– To read the news:
o To access news categories, just click on the word “NEWS”. This is located just below, and slightly to the right of our Star Journal logo near the top of the home page.
o News articles are categorized by: “Oneida County”, “Rhinelander” , “Wisconsin”, just click on the stories you’d like to read.
o “Government” and “Features”
– “Features” is broken into “Food” and “Business”
– “Food” has archived Star Journal Food columns and “Readers’ Recipes”
– “Business” has all “Business Close-Up” features, Star Journal business news and Northwoods Commerce stories
– To read letters to the editor:
o Just click on the word “VIEWPOINT” on the light blue navigation bar near the top of the home page.
o All “Viewpoint” letters are listed here, in chronological order from latest to appear in the Star Journal
– To read sports:
o Just click on the word “Sports” on the navigation bar near the top of the home page.
o Sports Cental scores are listed for each issue
o Other sports includes news from the YMCA, youth sports and more
– To read education:
o Just click on the word “Education” on the navigation bar near the top of the home page.
– Includes all education press releases from Nicolet College and School District of Rhinelander
– Includes all “Our Turn” columns
– Includes all “Hodag Pride” columns (Kim Swisher), and “Library Rambler (Ed Hughes)
– To read outdoors:
o Just click on the word “Outdoors” on the navigation bar near the top of the home page.
– Includes all outdoors columns, including Outdoor Adventures (Mitch Mode), Outdoor Notebook (Roger Sabota), Outdoor Report (Mel’s Trading Post), The Wild Side (Jeremy Holtz) and other assorted outdoor news
– To read lifestyles:
o Just click on the word “lifestyles” on the navigation bar near the top of the home page.
o Includes all engagements, weddings and anniversaries
– To find our blogs:
o On home page, scroll down to “Community Voices”. Click on name of blog to see all entries, or on latest entry
– The “Your Turn” box allows for user-submitted photos or stories:
o To submit a photo, click “Submit A Photo” here. Type in Name, Email, City, choose your file location and type in your caption information. Photo will be visible once it is approved by site administrator
o To submit a story, click “READERS CORNER” and “Submit A Story”. The form will guide you through the rest of the process.
Editor’s note: Star Journal editor Craig Mandli is available if you have questions or concerns about the website. Call him at (715) 369-3331.