Nicolet College Board of Trustees honor six with board awards
The Nicolet College Board of Trustees recently honored six college employees with prestigious Board Awards for superior job performance in a variety of capacities, all aimed at delivering high quality instruction to students and furthering other aspects of the college’s mission.
Comments from the nominating papers for each include:
• “Renee’s work ethic is second to none, and Nicolet employees have come to count on her to meet or exceed all the required deadlines.
Renee also has superior customer service skills and employees trust her with their personal questions related to payroll. She also keeps the mood light with her great sense of humor.
Renee shines in a position that requires an extreme amount of detail, accuracy, and trustworthiness.”
• “Jill is a quick study and very efficiently took on the challenge of leading the Financial Aid area during a period of significant transition.
During her first year in Financial Aid she implemented and upgraded a number of processes and procedures. These changes resulted in greater overall department efficiencies and, most importantly, an increased level of service to Nicolet students.”
• “Over the past year Sue has been instrumental in the success of several large projects in the Financial Aid office and has been invaluable in bringing about process improvements. Sue’s knowledge and skill helped to keep the Financial Aid department running smoothly during a time of transition. Sue is always willing to help our students achieve their educational goals while keeping their best interests in mind.”
• “Beth has demonstrated profound dedication to her students and to the college. She always places students first. In addition to her regular office hours, she is available to students many hours during the week and she is often online with students evenings and weekends. She constantly seeks and implements new ways to improve the learning experience. Ask any of her students and you will hear that her classes are engaging and fun.”
• “John’s devotion to the students, staff and facilities at Nicolet College has been exemplary. Along with all of the regular duties he is assigned, John regularly goes above and beyond what is asked of him to help others in any way he can.
On several occasions during the Northwoods Center Remodeling Projects, John was assisting the second-shift workers in an effort to get the project done on time. He did this so the building would be ready for students when classes started last fall.
” John can always be counted on to help someone jump-start a dead battery, get the keys out of a locked car, or inflate a flat tire.”
• “Phil goes above and beyond his duties as a Criminal Justice faculty member in all aspects, and has worked tirelessly to ensure not only his course curriculum meets and/or exceeds standards, but also the curriculum of the Criminal Justice adjunct faculty.
Phil does more than is asked of him and has taken the time to go to every school that he can within our district to recruit students which adds to the program’s vitality.
He has a very active advisory committee … if it were not for Phil’s constant attention and responsiveness to the suggestions, concerns, and needs of the advisory committee, they would not be nearly as engaged as they are.
He works tirelessly on developing continuing educational offerings for our district law enforcement agencies.”