Town meeting agenda, minutes
TOWN OF NEWBOLD
REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING
Date: Thursday, March 29, 2012
Place: Newbold Town Hall
6:30 P.M. in Open Session – Regular Town Board Meeting
AGENDA FOR THE MEETING WILL INCLUDE:
The Town of Newbold Town Board will meet on Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 6:30 p.m., in open session for a
Regular Town Board Meeting, at the Town of Newbold Town Hall, Highway 47, North, Rhinelander, Wisconsin, 54501, Oneida County, Wisconsin. The purpose of the meeting is as follows:
(1) Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance.
(2) Verification of Public Notice.
(3) Approval of prior Town Board Meeting Minutes of March 8, 2012 Finance Meeting and Regular Town Board Meeting.
(4) Assessor’s Report – Jef Muelver, Peterson Appraisals, Inc.
(5) Discussion and Action on Liquor License and Cigarette & Tobacco License of Mr. Jon Danner d/b/a
Flyin Finn Pub and Resort, LLC for a Class B Beer and Class B Liquor License.
(6) VFD Report – Chief Waydick.
(7) Road Report – Mark Fetzer, Director of Public Works.
(a) Discussion and Action on Repair or Replacement of Brush-Mower Tractor.
(b) Discussion and Action on 2012 Road Projects.
(c) Discussion and Action on Gravel Crushing Quotes.
(8) Discussion and Action on Repair of Boat Ramp at Young’s Landing – Two Sister’s Lake.
(9) Discuss and act on Oneida County Zoning Requests, Plan Commission and Citizen Zoning requests, if any.
(a) Chairman’s Report – Bob Metropulos.
(10) Discussion and Possible Action on Amending Chapter 7, Traffic Code of the Town Ordinance to define reduced speed limits.
(11) County Supervisors’ Report.
(12) Town Lakes Committee Report – Scott Eshelman.
(a) Discussion and Possible Action on Support for Lakes Committee Project.
(13) Discussion and Action on Reappointing Representatives of the Town of Newbold to the Rhinelander District Library Board.
(14) Discussion and Action on Amending Chapter 1, General Government of the Town Ordinance to extend elected officials terms one week in 2012 and 2013 due to recent election law changes. Along with redefining Town Ward descriptions due to redistricting.
(15) Discussion and Possible Action of Purchasing Updated Web Software for Maintaining the Town Website.
(16) Approval of any Bills and/or Disbursements and any Fund Transfers.
(17) Administrative review and action, if necessary, concerning general government, public safety, recycling, sanitation, culture, education, job assignments, project updates, transportation, budget items, fund transfers, and future agenda items.
(18) Public Comment and Communication Period per Wisconsin Statutes whereby the Town Board may receive input on any matter raised by the public.
Dave Kroll, Chairperson
Kim Gauthier, Town Clerk
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act reasonable accommodations will be provided
for qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. Please call Town Clerk Kim Gauthier at 715-362-1092 with specific
information about your request allowing adequate time to respond to the request.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a majority of the Plan Commission may be present at this meeting to gather information about a subject over which it has decision-making authority. This constitutes a meeting of the Newbold Plan Commission, pursuant to State ex rel. Badke v. Greendale Village Bd., 173 Wis. 2d 553, 494 N.W. 2d 408 (1993), and must be noticed as such although the Newbold Plan Commission will take no formal action at these meetings.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town Board, by majority vote, may invite public input prior to debate on any agenda item. Such input, if allowed, will be closed prior to Board discussion/debate of the agenda item.
Date Posted: March 26, 2012
Posted By: Kim Gauthier and/or Dept. of Public Works
TOWN OF CASSIAN SPECIAL TOWN BOARD MEETING
March 20, 2012
Meeting was called to order by Larry Hendrickson, Chairperson.
Present were Larry Hendrickson, Gail Winnie and Gene Rio.
Absent were Mary Thompson and Denny Thompson.
Discuss was held regarding our present Town Ordinances, with suggestions for
updating them, rescinding or voiding some and writing new ordinances.
It was the suggested that all new or revised ordinances be reviewed by the town
attorney before the Town Board approved them. Larry will take the samples to our
attorney for review along with information received regarding our Subdivision
The next meeting to work on these ordinance will be on Tuesday March 27, 2012 at
1PM at the Town Hall.
Motion to adjourn was made by Gene and 2nd by Gail, Motion carried
Lake Tomahawk Regular Town Board Meeting – February 8, 2012
The regular Town Board meeting of February 8, 2012 was called to order by Chairman Rick Mazurczak at 7:01 P.M. in the Raymond F. Sloan Community Center.
All notices were posted according to the open meeting law and the media was notified.
The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Chairman Rick Mazurczak.
Present: Chairman Rick Mazurczak, Supervisors George DeMet and Catherine Parker, Treasurer Mike Lynch and Clerk Mary Zimmerman.
Motion by DeMet sec’d by Parker to approve the agenda of 2-8-12. Motion by Parker sec’d by Mazurczak to chance #5 on the agenda to read minutes of the special meeting and regular meeting of 1-11-12. Motion carried all ayes.
Citizen Input – Shawn Tingley asked that the board bring up on the next agenda the ATV sunset clause.
Approve the minutes of the special meeting of January 11 and the regular town board meeting of January 11, 2012 – Motion by Parker sec’d by DeMet to accept the minutes as written of the special meeting and the regular meeting of 1-11-12. Motion carried all ayes.
Approve the payment of bills and vouchers – Motion by DeMet sec’d by Parker to approve the eftps & eft payment, checks #13688 to 13728 and payroll checks #2741 to 2757 for a total of 50,939.05 as read by clerk. Motion carried all ayes.
Treasurers Report – Mike Lynch reported for the month of January the town had net income of $832,797 which included property tax collections of $1,592,887 out of which $794,850 was paid to the schools, county and state in the January settlement. The town also received $31,781 from the DOT for our first quarter hwy aid payment & $2,509 from the county for county forest stumpage. Total expenses were $67,241 of which other than normal operating expenses 15,000 for the new garage and 12,653 for the final payment of road gravel.
County Representative – No Report
Open bids for replacement of boilers for the Raymond F. Sloan Community Center – The Town received 7 bids. The following is a list of bids received: Northwoods Heating & Cooling of Arbor Vitae for $18,900.00, ECON of WI Rapids which was just a bid on the electrical portion of the boiler replacement for $756.00, Dahlquist Heating & Cooling for $26,800.00, Badger Heating & Air Conditioning INC. of St. Point for 24,995.00, Howard Bros., INC of Woodruff for 25,885.00, Quality Heating INC, of Minocqua for $19,625.00, & Platinum Mechanical, INC of Minocqua with 3 different quotes depending on type of boilers chosen. Motion by DeMet sec’d by Parker to hold a special meeting on Saturday February 11, 2012 at 1:00 pm to award the bid for the boiler replacement. Motion carried all ayes.
Town’s new electronic sign donation plaque – Motion by Mazurczak sec’d by DeMet to let Gary Madden obtain a donation plaque for the electronic sign at the town’s expense not to exceed $300.00. Motion carried all ayes.
Correspondence – The Town Board received a thank you note from the Northwoods Christian Home School Sportsclub for the use of the community center. Mazurczak informed the Board that in the new WTA report book on the new ordinance and also the District meeting in Arbor Vitae on March 9th, 2012.
Motion by DeMet sec’d by Parker to adjourn at 7:37 p.m. Motion carried all ayes.
Mary Zimmerman, Town Clerk