Time to support Walker recall By Dick and Gail Gumness
It’s been a powerful experience getting recall signatures to replace Gov. Scott Walker. Signed recalls keep coming and coming from people all over the state!
Remembering that we collected over 300,000 plus signatures in the first week is still a wonderful motivator for those standing out in good old Wisconsin winter to complete the task of reaching our goal of 540,000 plus signatures.
It’s a powerful task simply because we’re doing it. We have the knowledge that grassroots people in Wisconsin can successfully win over thousands and thousands of dollars coming from outside our state to support a Governor that the majority of Wisconsin citizens don’t support.
Just in case, here are reminders why not:
1. Unemployment has risen during his tenure, though his campaign promised to secure thousands of new jobs.
2. His budget cut $1.6 billion from education…causing fewer teachers, bigger classes, loss of classes and many districts looking at drastic cuts in the future.
3. Poverty has increased, and median household income has plummeted.
4. Tax giveaways in the next 10 years will cost Wisconsin taxpayers $2.3 billion in lost revenue.
5. There’s no collective bargaining for our state workers. Other businesses, corporations and factories are following suit to curtail our unions
These are just a few reasons that Wisconsin is on the march to electing a new Governor that deals in honesty, equality and justice.
Haven’t signed yet? Call your local Democratic headquarters, or go online at wisdems.org.
Dick and Gail Gumness, Lake Tomahawk