CAVOC Fall Festival a success
Thank you to all the 900-plus area residents who came out to enjoy the CAVOC Fall Festival, hosted at the School District of Rhinelander School Forest site on Oct. 8. The wonderful autumn weather brought out many festival attendees-both young and old-to experience what our school forest location can offer our community.
We had a number of local businesses donate numerous items, totaling over $700 in value:
• Walmart – pumpkins, paint
• Trigs – caramels, apples, nuts and candy toppings
• Dairy Queen, Culvers, and McDonalds – gift certificates
• Rhinelander DNR Station – Smokey the Bear gift items, wildlife trading cards
A thank you also needs to be given to:
• Western Connection Ranch for operating the horse-drawn hayride
• Northwoods Community Elementary School PAC for operating the food booth
• Northwoods Community Elementary School 5th grade students for assembling gift bags
• School District of Rhinelander Community Education for the superb event advertising
Lastly, this event would have never been possible without the time and effort of all members of the School Forest Advisory Committee and numerous festival volunteers. These individuals made this event a success, which we hope to continue for many years to come.
We hope the community utilizes this beautiful location, as it is open for the public for year-round use. We have trails open for hiking and snowshoeing, groomed cross-country ski trails, and a ropes course available to reserve for businesses, organizations, teams and families.
If you have never experienced CAVOC, it is located at 4321 South Shore Dr. near Lake Thompson in Rhinelander. You can find information on the property at rhinelander.k12.wi.us/cavoc/ and through liking the CAVOC. page on Facebook.
Come and experience this wonderful treasure of the Northwoods!
Krista Matyska, Rhinelander
Teacher and School Forest Advisory Committee Member
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.